Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Forgetfulness

Did I ever tell you about the time I forgot my dad's birthday? My birthday is coming up on Friday and of course my dad would never forget something like that. But, me on the other hand, is a different story. This past year, my dad turned 60. You would think that I would remember such a grandiose occasion. However, the day came and went and I completely forgot. I woke up the next morning, turned off my alarm on my cell phone and saw the date. I repeated the date in my head thinking, what did I miss? Then, all of the sudden it dawned on me... I just forgot my dad's 60th birthday... oh shit.

I of course called immediately, apologized and tried to not feel like a complete loser daughter. I still feel awful to this day, but at least I can laugh about it now. Am I the only one that has ever done something this lame?

3 comments:

  1. Nope. My entire family forgot my dad's birthday. He gave us a couple not so subtle hints before we figured it out. I still feel bad and it was quite awhile ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. the only one.

    jk

    i want to see pictures in your header!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete