Friday, September 11, 2009

Amusement

I haven't posted for a while, so I felt the need to post today. I had a doctor's apt yesterday and there was no change since last week. I had to admit, I was a little depressed. No change!! I have had contractions for several days and I thought for sure something would take place. So, now I'm just waiting.

In the waiting period, here are some funny things to amuse you about my pregnancy...

- I have a huge pillow that I sleep with that if you would ever see me you would think I look ridiculous
- I have craved fruit
- I get up about 4 times a night to pee
- I eat pretzels in my sleep by my bed
- My dreams are crazy
- I had no stretch marks until my 9 month (damn those stretch marks)
- My friends are fascinated with my boobs
- I have gained 32 pounds so far
- I can no longer see my feet
- I am type A and had everything ready for June at least 4 weeks ago
- I took labor and delivery classes with my husband that were kind of a joke. In fact, we fought on several occasions about whether or not to continue taking the classes
- I am nervous to breastfeed
- I got eczema on my scalp and had to use Head and Shoulders for a couple of months (I always thought that people who used that shampoo were somehow "dirty" people, like they could prevent themselves not having to use it... and here, it was the only thing that worked. I can no longer judge because I do not consider myself a "dirty" person)
- I have rubbed my belly with cocoa lotion since the day I found out I was pregnant and still got those stretch marks, so don't know if it helps or not
- I have loved not having my period for 9 months and am not looking forward to the after birth in regards to that realm
- I am excited and nervous all at the same time to be a mom

1 comment:

  1. And as long as you breast feed at night, it acts as a natural contraceptive

    ReplyDelete