Wednesday, October 7, 2009

This is my confession

Many of you know me well, but if you don't know that I'm a fan of hip hop, then you don't really know me. I was reminded of this tonight while watching Glee. For those of you who haven't seen the show, it is about some high school peeps who start a glee club. Sounds cheesy, but SUPER entertaining. I absolutely love the show. Anyway, I love it even more because every week they somehow incorporate a hip hop song.

True story, while trying to get June out on "Operation Junebug Night" with a few of my friends, we were watching Glee. They started to sing "Take a Bow" from Rhianna and I of course starting singing along. All at once, my friends looked at me with shock. Not understanding I said, "you mean to tell me you never heard this song?" I knew then I was alone in my love for hip hop (because Jess Stevens wasn't there, if she was, she would have been singing too).

But tonight was the awesomist of them all. They sang what they called "mash ups" where they combine two songs into one. All I know is they somehow combined Ushers' "Confessions" and Beyonce's "Halo" with 80's pop songs.



It tugged on my heart strings because not only do I love hip hop, but also knew the 80's pop songs.

Thanks Glee for making me feel normal for liking hip hop and for making is so darn entertaining to watch.

5 comments:

  1. the mash-ups were awesome especially with them hyped up on drugs. your blog title makes me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should include it in this post MommyPants:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zkmkE6qiDM&feature=player_profilepage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you picked up on the blog title. And, Bekah, are you happy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah...I think Jared and I were just talking about being closet hip hop fans. Good to know there's more of us out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Dave... I am a die hard hip hop fan. I can't get Golddigger out of my head since watching the Ellen show today.

    ReplyDelete